The School is where most of Doki Doki Literature Club! takes place. The School is the home to the Literature Club, the Anime Club, and the Debate Club. All of the characters attend this school for the Literature Club activities. Only three areas of the school are shown to the player, which include the protagonist's homeroom, the hallway with mainly third-year classes that houses the Literature Club, and The Classroom where the protagonist and visual characters attend the Literature Club. Monika has revealed that The School is not necessarily in Japan and that the setting was an afterthought. 
The Debate Club is a club at The School in which Doki Doki Literature Club! majorly takes place. It is one of the largest clubs in the school, as implied by Monika. Monika was once a leader of the club, but decided to quit due to the politics of larger clubs and infighting over its budget and club events. These and Monika's passion for literature convinced her to create the Literature Club.
The Literature Club is a club in Doki Doki Literature Club! that was started by Monika. For whatever reason, whoever is the president of the Literature Club becomes fully aware that they are in the game and will have control over it. This may be due to the trope within visual novels of having an instructional or guiding character, who provides advice about how to play--a role the president may fill because they would have no romance-route.
Titles of the Literature Club
- President: Monika
- Vice-President: Sayori
- President: Monika
- Vice-President: Yuri
- President: None
- Vice-President: None
- President: Sayori
- Vice-President: Unknown
- The Literature Club has very few members compared to other clubs in the school. In Act 2 and Act 4, the club does not actually have enough members to form an official club, needing the protagonist in order to become an official club.
- While there is very little information about other clubs, Monika mentions she left the larger Debate Club, due to the drama between members.
- The Vice-President of the club is always the one to die. It is unknown if this is intentional or not.
Club President is a title used in Doki Doki Literature Club! and is given to the leader of a club.
Club President is the highest title in a club, with the second highest, Vice-President, being the only other known title. The existence of other titles in different clubs is unknown.
See also: Monika#Abilities
- Whoever yields the title of Club President realizes that they are in a game.
- Monika realizes that she is in a game and can manipulate the game's files.
- When the player deletes Monika's or Sayori's character file at the beginning of the game, Sayori obtains the role of Club President and appears to realize that she is in a game, causing her to force-quit the game and delete everyone, including herself. Upon restarting the game a screen with Sayori hanging herself is shown instead of the usual menu screen. After 10 minutes the text "Now everyone can be happy" will appear.
- The Club President can manipulate character files and the game itself.
- This is done by Monika to make the other characters seem very unlikeable in order to get the player's attention.